Who is using matrix operations with BLAS/LAPACK?

SDK for VST 3 audio plug-in and host development.

What BLAS/LAPACK implementation are you using?

I don't use BLAS/LAPACK
60%
I use my own implementation
No votes
Armadillo
20%
Dlib
No votes
Intel MKL
No votes
Lapack++
No votes
Eigen
20%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 5

jbrolland

Who is using matrix operations with BLAS/LAPACK?

Postby jbrolland » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Dear VST3 Developers,

In the context of the on-going optimization of our audio processing engine, we would like to have a better understanding of what libraries are used inside your VST3 plugins. More specifically we are interested about libraries implementing the BLAS/LAPACK standard interfaces for matrix operations that could happen in a real-time thread (VST3 Processor).

Thanks for answering the following question :mrgreen:

Also, if you are willing to share more details about your practice regarding Matrix Operations, you can send an answer here or directly to my email address.

Have a good day!
Jean-Baptiste Guillaume Rolland
Research Software Developer | Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
+49 40 21035 186 - jb.rolland@steinberg.de

dancrn

Re: Who is using matrix operations with BLAS/LAPACK?

Postby dancrn » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:45 pm

I don't use matrix-heavy compute in any of my plugins yet, but if (or rather, when) we do, I would almost certainly use the Intel MKL.

arcyam

Re: Who is using matrix operations with BLAS/LAPACK?

Postby arcyam » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:52 am

Hi. I have just registered but would like to indicate a strong preference for Armadillo. I am new to the VST development scene, but I have used (and compared Armadillo to other contenders) in my day job - which is pretty heavy duty Radio Frequency DSP development.

Armadillo is under active development and has gone from strength to strength. It has been seriously fast (although I have used it in conjunction with the Intel IPP and MKL - with which it interfaces seamlessly) and remained easy to use - about as close to MATLAB as you'll get in a pure C++ form. The support for third party BLAS, LAPACK, OpenMP libraries and even GPU acceleration is top notch.

Return to “VST 3 SDK”