UIViewSwitchContainer

A user interface toolkit mainly for audio plug-ins (VST, AudioUnit, etc).
Arne Scheffler

Re: UIViewSwitchContainer

Post by Arne Scheffler »

OK, can you describe a bit more in detail what you want to achieve and what exactly is failing ?
I use it all the time without issue.

Cheers
Arne

chroma

Post by chroma »

Thanks for your help, Arne.

I have two templates that I want to show in succession, one after the other.

My understanding is a switch view would allow me to switch between the templates with a control? Individually, my two templates work correctly with their own sub-controllers, no issues there.

I've had absolutely no luck in getting either template to show in the template containing a SwitchContainer.

If I add the templates to the SwitchContainer they don't persist (as mentioned before, I have added them to the XML as well, but didn't work for me either).

I have attached a screenshot of my UIViewSwitchContainer settings in the editor.

I have worked on many VST2.4/3 projects before but never with the new VSTGUI. Not sure where I'm going wrong.

Thanks again
Oli
Last edited by chroma on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arne Scheffler

Post by Arne Scheffler »

chroma wrote: My understanding is a switch view would allow me to switch between the templates with a control?
That is right, what I'm missing in your XML and the screenshot is the control that should switch between the templates.
Without it, it does not work.

chroma

Post by chroma »

I really hate to drag this out but I have tried everything I can think of, including adding a control for switching.

Regardless of what I try, I end up with a blank editor view with a black background.

Here is my XML file again, with the control switch. I've disabled all the sub-controllers for simplicity, it doesn't work with those enabled anyway.

And the result:

This was supposed to be a 5-minute project but this little hiccup has stretched it out for weeks.

Thank you for your patience.

Oli
Last edited by chroma on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arne Scheffler

Post by Arne Scheffler »

The problem is, that the switch control is a sub view of the switch container. That cannot work as the switch container will always replace its children with the contents of the templates.

chroma

Post by chroma »

Oh good god, it works!!!

Thank you so much, Arne.