Popup dialog window

Hello

I would like to display a little popup dialog do ask confirmation from the user (in my specific case, the user is about to do a destructive operation and I want to make sure that is what they want to do).

How do you do this with VSTGUI?

I was looking through the code and found

void UIBitmapsController::showSettingsDialog ()
{
	UIDialogController* dc = new UIDialogController (this, bitmapPathEdit->getFrame ());
	UIBitmapSettingsController* fsController = new UIBitmapSettingsController (dataSource->getSelectedBitmap (), dataSource->getSelectedBitmapName (), editDescription, actionPerformer);
	dc->run ("bitmap.settings", "Bitmap Settings", "Close", nullptr, fsController, UIEditController::getEditorDescription ());
}

which seems to be opening a dialog window but uses UIDialogController which doesn’t exist unless VSTGUI_LIVE_EDITING is set… which means works only in Debug mode, not Release.

Thanks
Yan

We resorted to using native dialogs for Windows and Mac.

But beware: some hosts (Cubase, for one) will crash if the user closes the session or app while a popup window is still open. In JUCE (which we just moved to this year), we simply show different views over top of our main window instead.