Single Component description / support

For what it is worth, the only thing that I am interested in, with this model, is the ability to share (large amounts of) data between the UI and the RT without having to use messaging and I know and am very well aware of the data race issues involved in this. I am absolutely not interested in writing all the code in a single class.

My ultimate goal is to implement the SingleComponentImpl class in the (Jamba) framework so you don’t have to deal with it, and you still write your controller and processor the exact same way and this SingleComponentImpl will simply delegate to the controller and processor implementations. The main difference is that the SingleComponentImpl will be instantiated by the factory and is the one that will instantiate the controller and the processor, so it will be able to also create some “SharedState” that is provided to both, something that is not feasible when the factory instantiate the controller and processor separately.

I am still planning to have the default be “no sharing”, but if you want sharing it will possible while still implementing clean/separate entities. The only addition will be access to a narrow API to access shared data.

Yan