Auval says "Cannot open component: -1"

If I build the again project itself, I get several duplicate symbol errors:

duplicate symbol __ZN12AUBaseLookup6LookupEs in:
/Software_Development/SDKs/VST/VST3 SDK/public.sdk/source/vst/auwrapper/build/Debug/libauwrapper.a(AUPlugInDispatch.o)
/Software_Development/SDKs/VST/VST3 SDK/public.sdk/source/vst/auwrapper/build/Debug/libauwrapper.a(ausdk.o)
duplicate symbol __ZN19AUBaseProcessLookup6LookupEs in:
/Software_Development/SDKs/VST/VST3 SDK/public.sdk/source/vst/auwrapper/build/Debug/libauwrapper.a(AUPlugInDispatch.o)
/Software_Development/SDKs/VST/VST3 SDK/public.sdk/source/vst/auwrapper/build/Debug/libauwrapper.a(ausdk.o)
duplicate symbol __ZN27AUBaseProcessMultipleLookup6LookupEs in:
duplicate symbol __ZN13AUMusicLookup6LookupEs in:
ld: 10 duplicate symbols for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I can get it to build by changing OTHER_LDFLAGS to include only libauwrapper.a. HOWEVER, once I do that, then again has the SAME problem that it will not load.

So I’m guessing that the issue is something is not linking that should. But other than linking explicitly to libauwrapper.a, how can I resolve the duplicate symbols?